Almond Butter Shortbread
Crispy, buttery almond shortbread!
Write a review
- 1/3 cup Naturally More Almond Butter
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1 ½ cups white all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt (*omit if using salted butter)
- ¼ cup flour for rolling out
- Extra icing sugar for decoration
- Maraschino cherries
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a large bowl combine flour and icing sugar and salt* and mix to combine.
- Cut in butter, almond butter and almond extract and mix well. You can use
- your hands as the dough does not come together as easily with a fork or
- Form dough into a ball and wrap in saran wrap. Place in fridge for 30 mins.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface with a rolling pin and extra
- flour to prevent sticking, to about ¼ inch thickness. Cut out with cookie
- cutters, or roll into balls and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes depending on the size, until golden brown on the
- Place on cooling rack. Decorate with icing sugar and maraschino cherries
- once cooled.
Naturally More Nut Butter https://naturallymore.com/